Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tentative route

I'm finding that the trip planning makes for a good break from schoolwork and dissertation. So I spent a few hours Friday working on this, and with feedback from Dad and well traveled Uncle John, came up with this:



Any suggestions are welcome! This has us going by Western Lake Tahoe/Truckee/Reno to start, then to Salt Lake via Route 50, Great Basin and some of the forests in Utah. From Salt Lake, it's onto Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, then through the Big Horns (a long scenic route, via Route 14A, then back through Route 14, and then Route 16), to Custer State Park and Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, and then to Indianapolis to visit my Dad's friend. From there, we're stopping in Pennsylvania Dutch country since I missed most of the sights when I was there for my interview. And then home to CT!

I'm so excited to see these places. It's one thing to see photos of these places - and it certainly fosters more enthusiasm - but to be in the midst of so much natural beauty will be wonderful and a welcome change and respite from city life.

No comments:

Post a Comment