Saturday, April 23, 2011

Socks!

So I've finished my first sock - the cuff down, one-at-a-time one. I think I will get around to making the second, but it was really tedious. I did enjoy the whole heel/gusset part though. And putting it on - heaven! So soft and cushy. I think I understand the magic of sock knitting now.


And I started socks for the boyfriend. These are two-at-a-time toe-up socks and I'm making good progress so far. Definitely a better style of sock knitting for me.


(I sent him a picture, and he said, "It looks like a bra." Well, yes. At this point, I suppose it sort of does.)

I also started that little summer top, but haven't gotten very far since I've been focusing on the socks.

And, dear sister gave me a belated Christmas gift: yarn I had drooled over on my last trips to Webs.


Plotting a lovely scarf, or maybe a long, loopy necklace.

For now, socks! (I think they will also make great plane knitting tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment