Sunday, December 27, 2009

Side Slip Cloche - finished!


I finally finished the Side Slip Cloche. Finally. I am seriously the slowest knitter ever, but perhaps I can chalk that up to beginnerness. Some photos of the final product are included. I am pleased with how it came out. The wool is not as itchy as it was as I worked it and does not look too fuzzy or pilly. I can totally tell the parts where I added the new skein in, but hopefully no one else can. I learned a lot with this project - M1, sewing knit parts together, ssk, picking up stitches....and I think that's all. The picking up stitches too FOREVER. I did it wrong 3 or 4 times before I found a video on knittinghelp.com and it all came clear. I think the pick up finally came out well. One thing I realized is this hat doesn't look that great with my glasses on. Too much in my face between the frames and the ruffles. New contact lenses are in my future I hope.

Next project will be.....a surprise! It's a gift for someone so information about it will only be on Ravelry for now. Here's the yarn though...bought from Fabulous Yarn. I love the color - it is pretty accurate in the photos. It's Classic Elite Twinkle Super Chunky. I'm looking forward to working with it. Just waiting on needles. As I mentioned, I have given up on big box craft stores and I ended up ordering a set of straights online, plus the circular ones I needed for this project. I have yet to hear back from the company. Grrrr!!! I'm hoping that it's just due to holiday breaks and all that...they haven't charged my credit card, but it's frustrating. I want to start my next project!

Hope everyone had wonderful assorted holidays, joy and peace and love and all that.

2 comments:

  1. The cloche looks great! And the new yarn, mmm . . . just want to cuddle up to it. Beautiful, rich color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's been keeping me very warm. I can't wait to start working with the new yarn....

    ReplyDelete