Sunday, June 27, 2010

almost (almost!) there....

We spent just about all day yesterday moving everything but the road trip stuff into my dad's car and trailer to take up to CT. Aside from a flat tire issue that brought us to meet several really nice people, it went really smoothly. (Note to self: write nice reviews for aforementioned businesses. Bad review for Garden State Honda who charged me to fix everything but the (under warranty) problem I came in with...and then didn't help me at all with the warrantied safety issue.)

The cat went missing briefly. I freaked out. Who wouldn't? How cute is she?
Dear boyfriend found her wedged underneath the couch....she had crawled up into the arm of the love seat somehow. She's staying with mom and brother until I return. Well, even then, she and I will still both be there until we go to Montana. I miss her already.

I have a lot of stuff. Not really furniture, just boxes and boxes of household things, pictures, lamps, kitchen stuff, etc. Knowing that we're moving (realistically) at least two more times, I am probably going to hold a huge yard sale and sell a lot. Because packing up a whole household every year is stressful.

DB and I then drove back to NJ for our last night here....in an empty apartment. (Again, aside from all the road trip stuff.) We picked up pizza from Star Tavern (which we will also miss!) and sat on pillows and a blanket on the floor and watched Harry Potter. This was around 8 or so...after eating we nearly fell asleep on the floor. We inflated the air mattress, and aside from being very squeaky, it wasn't too bad. Especially considering how exhausted we were. So practice camping went well. Now we are up bright and early, with plans to stop at Dunkin' Donuts, pack up the car, shower and finish cleaning the house (not much left to do there actually - just bathroom, fridge purge and polishing the floors).

We have a variety of first destinations, depending on how tired we are. The earliest would be Dayton, OH, second is Columbus, OH and third (11 and a half hours away) is Indianapolis. I'm guessing it will be one of the first two.

Off to caffeinate! And hopefully get on the road soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment