Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Making my way back

I'm getting more into the swing of things, I think.


At least I've got some knitting done, though I'm having a hard time deciding what to do next!

As you can see, the Get Well mitts for my aunt are almost finished, and a kind Raveller has sold me the yarn to finish them; it should arrive soon!

And I decided I needed a little magic in my life, so


I finally knit up the magic ball my sister gave me.

I love it. I have this thing where I try to stay away from neutral colors because I will overdo it and just wear browns, beiges, white, and black if I don't watch myself. I got to indulge that in this scarf. I love the colors. And maybe I'll go easier on myself in picking neutrals in the future. (I did realize today I have an overabundance of clothes in the coral/salmon range of things, but still a lot of neutrals. Yes, my closet is organized by color. It's the one thing that stays consistently neat in my house, aside from my books.)

Anyway, I'm still trying to decide about doing the Craftsman Afghan, the ruffle scarf, the ruffly cardigan...or something else entirely. I did just discover this wonderful, wonderful quilt last night. I'm kind of in love with it, but I am on a strict yarn diet for the foreseeable future, and I don't have a whole lot of sock yarn around! But I just might dig in with the small bits I do have...maybe that second, errrr fourth sock will just never get done. And while I don't have any cashmere to do this lovely hat (Peek), I am hoping to find something in my stash that will work!

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment