Saturday, January 21, 2012

All that holiday knitting

I was so busy with Christmas knitting, and travels, that I haven't blogged in a long time! And my needles have been quite busy.

Here's a quick review:
Checkerboard square washcloth (Rav link), for Mom.

Double-bump cloth for my sister.


Ripple washcloth, for my soon to be stepmom.

Cabled headband to match the Twistler mitts. (I remain quite proud of my flawless Kitchenering on this one!)

My Nutmegger Mitts for Mom as well - I just loved this lace pattern.


Bike helmet ear warmers, also for my sister.

I also made two of these lovely round washcloths (for Babci and my godmother), but forgot to take pictures!

All this within a couple of months! I was determined to go back right back to selfish knitting after Christmas, but haven't stuck to that so far. I'm still working on a shawl for my godmother, and I just started an adorable cardigan for baby arriving in the family in a few months. I'm doing the Peurperium Cardigan in a pretty green and I found the cutest little yellow ducky buttons to use with it. I can't wait to see how this comes out! I'm about 10 rows in so far, but I'm really enjoying how well this pattern is written.

As far as selfish knitting goes, I made a little soap sock for myself, so I don't end up with those little shards of soap going to waste. I used a combination of the yellow cotton Bernat I had leftover from the other washclothes, and then some of the green Classic Elite Star I have. Off the needles, it looked like just the right size, but once wet, the Star stretched a lot, so I may have to figure out something else to make it smaller. It's less of a soap sock right now and more of a soap knee-high.

I also finally started my fourth sock. This is the match to the first sock I knit just about a year ago. Talk about second sock syndrome. In between, I knit a pair (toe up, two at a time) for the boyfriend. I'm about an inch into eight inches of two by two ribbings - ugh. It'll have to be a pretty wonderful pattern to bring me to knit socks one at a time again.

Anyway, I also never did a year in review post, so that will be forthcoming as well (only 3 weeks late). Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment