Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day Nine - Iowa to Indianapolis

Day Nine was a day of driving. I don't even think I have any pictures from it...it was just lots of corn fields and high winds and clouds. It became quite a chore to keep the car on the road, an even more tedious task with all the highway construction lane shifts and narrowing. We did not have too much farther to go from Iowa to Indianapolis, but it was a long enough drive. We arrived some time in the afternoon and just relaxed for a while, caught up on email and such. Later we went out to dinner with Dad's friends (really delicious pesto tortellini and Chianti) and a stop for ice cream at Dairy Queen for dessert. By then, I was pretty tired, so after a call to Kevin and a little reading, I was fast asleep! I feel that as we are getting further East there is somewhat less novelty to the sights and fewer destinations of interest. Perhaps there are other places we are missing, but there do not seem to be as many excellent national parks through here. For sure there is not much to see by way of the landscape. All that flat land - no hills or trees or mountains - puts me to sleep! I don't think I could live in a place like that. I need forests and hiking, and definitely a coastline. Off to Pennsylvania next - getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment