Wednesday, January 20, 2010

and more stash is on its way....

A few months ago...I want to say DH but that's not true and "DB" isn't a common term as far as I know. Anyway....

A few months ago, dear boyfriend requested I knit him a cashmere hat. I briefly looked into it at the time (meaning, I looked at every boy hat on Ravelry), but dropped the idea because on further questioning DB "wasn't sure he would actually wear it." I don't think so. If I knit a cashmere hat for you, it will be worn.

Since he's been so nice lately, taking care of me and my head injury and putting up with my concussed crankiness, I re-offered. And he seemed more interested, perhaps because we have a trip to Vermont coming up! (In February I might add, with activities such as cross country skiing and snowshoeing.)

"Will it be done before our trip?" Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Well. I suppose it can be if I order the yarn rightnow and bump it up above the other 4 projects I had hoped to start. Plus he's paying for cashmere yarn. Yum!!!!

He's a good boyfriend. Ordered some lovely fingering cashmere (Zen 2-ply, in Stephanie's Laguna - a lovely bluegreyblack color) from Argosy Luxury Yarns. (You probably won't see that color on there because I think I got the last one -for now?- but it is yummy and soft and I can't wait to squish it.)

If he abandons it, I suppose I can claim it as my own. One can never have too much cashmere.

Oh! So the pattern. I had seen it before on Ravelry, but, like I said, dropped the idea at the time because someone was less than enthusiastic about the idea for some reason. But I was drawn to the same one again - "Vintage Cashmere Hat." Nice, right? Classic. One slight issue. The pattern is written in kanji. Japanese. Huh.

But wait! DB is fluent in Japanese. This is perfect. He translates the pattern, I knit it. Could it be any better? Perhaps if I ever write my own patterns he can translate them for the knitters in Japan!

I'm a little sorry to put aside my mitts for now (not that the yarn has arrived yet)....but not that sorry to work with cashmere. Can't wait till it gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment