Tuesday, January 19, 2010

waiting for new needles & stash replenishment!

I'm kind of in knitter's limbo here. Nothing on the needles, which hasn't been the case for a while. Okay, that's not true, but it doesn't count because it's practice, right? I'm working on the swatches from Fearless Knitting Workbook. Not really a project though supposedly I can turn them into a blanket or pillowcase or something later.

Buuuuut! I should have yarn and needles arriving for three new projects soon. It had better be soon....

I ordered three balls of worsted weight Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks in Iris Heather, for my Valentine Mitts. A couple for the Cafe au Lait Mitts - DK Merino Style in Nutmeg. And a couple for the hot water bottle cozy - bulky Wool of the Andes, in Wine. Also ordered the necessary needles for these, plus the baby dress project from eknittingneedles.com. After my order was straightened out, I was quite pleased with how quickly the last order came and the quality. Definitely worth it for the price, for some of my first needles. Nice, warm bamboo. Someday when I have the funds I'll order a nice interchangeable set, but until then.....

Not all these projects are for me....just the Valentine Mitts and hot water bottle cozy....I think I should join the selfish knitters group on Ravelry :)  I never realized before...for all the work that goes into knits, why should it all be gifts? Of course the last knitted gift I gave (see below) was much appreciated I think. Roomie seemed quite pleased with the hat. Hopefully she will send some pictures!

Off to bed....I'm recovering from a bad fall and concussion so I need more rest despite my leaving work early and resting all day. Looking forward to my new microfleece sheets and thermal blanket.....

No comments:

Post a Comment