Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valentine Mitts & Cable Love

A goodie for me - the Valentine Mitts. I'm more than halfway done. I finished the first mitt this weekend and I'm getting there on the second one. I should make it almost to the gussett tonight. (Is my knitting getting faster?) New love: cables! *squeal*

Also, I love this yarn and the color, so beautiful...I've got to figure out how to get a nice picture of it so you can really see how lovely it is.

I'm almost done with one skein at this point so I imagine with the three I purchased I'd have enough to do another pair if I so wished. (Or another fun project. Again: I love the color.) Probably my gauge is a little off because I'm a tight knitter, but it worked out alright in this case it seems. The one mitt fits well, so I think it's fine.

Kevin's new cashmere yarn should arrive soon, so I want to finish this and start on his hat. Again. I'm so happy I've got a nice long list of patterns and a great stash to keep me busy and out of the snack foods at night. Knitting is so much more fulfilling!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cables! And heather is a beautiful color. I haven't been bold enough to attempt cabling yet, but hearing how much you enjoy it makes me want to try, too. Can't wait to see the new cashmere.

    ReplyDelete