Sunday, March 14, 2010

Selfish knitting thoughts

I have been in the mindset that selfish knitting is just more gratifying. And I think by and large it is....but I just finished the Cafe au Lait mitts, which are not for me, and I really like them!

I'm looking forward to giving them to their recipient tomorrow and hopefully that will be another point on the side of doing a little gift knitting once in a while.

It is definitely adding to my happiness with these mitts thinking about brightening someone's day (hopefully)!

Also, I had fun doing this pattern once I learned the proper way to do a yarn over! I really like how the lace comes out....it has me thinking about Gothic cathedrals for some reason, maybe because of the arches in the pattern.


Okay, I admit I do want to do some more selfish knitting. Next on my list though is to re-do DB's hat and maybe a pair of mitts for him if I have enough yarn leftover. Then a baby blanket, and one or two prayer shawls. Though after the hat the others should go quickly as they use bulky weight yarn. I'll have to think more on what I'd like to do for me.

I got the new issue of Interweave Knits yesterday though I haven't looked at everything yet. And I have yet to get the new Vogue Knitting even though it came out on the 9th! None of the bookstores I've been to have the new issue, just the winter one. I know for certain there is at least one pattern in there I like. So....maybe something summery. Or, maybe I could start The Afghan.

For now, I'm just going to bask in my latest FO and relax....long traveling weekend involving trains, delays, cancellations, flooding, power outages and driving a really stinky, in bad condition car. Also, a frisky cat is demanding attention. Once she starts chasing her tail, I start to feel really bad...

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of thoe beautiful cables! And the color is fantastic. I'm hoping to make myself some spring arm warmers (right after I finish that baby shower bunny for my coworker . . .) with a lovely soy yarn I picked up at one of my LYSs. I'm sure I'll put it up on ravelry soon since the wireless is working again at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like cables but it's lace! Some ssk and k2tog work. Pretty neat....I'm going to start another one that looks like cables without actual cabling :) Can't wait to see your arm warmers!

    ReplyDelete