Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where I am....

As far as knitting goes, I do know the answer to that. Other things, not quite so much. 


I finished the cabled bag! I did the sewing part today. I'm not so great at sewing, but I think it looks alright. Sewing the straight stitches with the machine to form the lining wasn't too difficult, but sewing the lining to the bag was more difficult. I realize now I should have waited to add the handles until after attaching the lining, but eh, it's okay. Annnnd I should have added the snaps to the lining before sewing it in, but I think it worked out. The only issue now is that they are very strong magnets and I'm afraid they will tear the lining a bit as they pull against it. I'm working on weakening them, but not too much luck so far. However, all in all, I'm happy with the project. 


Still working on the baby blanket. I was able to borrow some needles that are much better. I ended up ripping what I had (cast on row and a half) and casting on 40 more stitches just to get a bit more length. Right now I'm at the garter stitch border, so it's just knit, knit, knit. I'm watching Season 3 of The Tudors so I should have plenty of knitting entertainment while I plug away. I am determined to finish on time! 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! The cabling is lovely and the lining is PERFECT. Great choice.

    Can't wait to see more of the baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete