Sunday, January 2, 2011

Knitting 2010 Reviewed

Lessons learned:
Importance of gauge
Cabling
Lace & yarn overs (twice!)
Crochet Edging
It's okay to adjust patterns so they better fit you and your skills (or dislike of seaming)!

Fawn Earflap Hat - gifted

Valentine Mitts - Much loved by me! First cabling project

Hot water bottle cozy - one of my favorite projects when we were living in our cold apartment in NJ. 

Cafe au Lait Mitts - gift to a grateful coworker; helped me learn how to do proper yarn overs (sort of....)

Wandering Trails Cowl - loved this pattern; haven't worn the cowl as much as I though I would though

 The Christine Bag - such a gratifying project, though it made me remember that I hate to sew!

 Lemon Drop Baby Blanket - for boyfriend's niece - it took me forever but I'm very happy with it and hope baby and her parents are too!

 Prayer shawl - for my dear supervisor. I loved the stitch pattern and meaning of the project, and I think it came out beautifully. 

 The never-ending hat for boyfriend - made it too small; frogged; started over and was bored, bored, bored by the many rows of K3, P3 ribbing. It did come out well though, in the end. 

 Winter Leaf Tam - made for myself with the beautiful yarn I was sent as a bonus when I ordered the cashmere. It matches my winter parka perfectly and I wear it all the time here in Montana. Warm, lovely drape and it doesn't flatten my hair too much. 

Mediterranean Tulle Wrap - Made with the yummiest mohair that was a birthday gift to me from sister. Haven't worn it yet, but I have two or three dresses it will be perfect for, and the weddings to wear it to this year!

Half-Felted Bag- Put on the needles as a respite from all the errors I was making in my first sweater project. Went very quickly and I'm pretty happy with it. However, it required almost five hours of sewing. Maybe it should've taken less time to sew on the pockets, but it didn't....I think it came out well though!

That was my year in knitting! I didn't include the frogged cardigan (still angry with it), or the mittenscarf, since it's not finished and will be a 2011 FO (soon).

This year I'd like to learn colorwork and sock knitting. I think that's reasonable. And successfully complete that sweater. Make some progress on the queued projects I recently bought stash for (afghan, another sweater, sleeveless top). Maybe some charity knitting with the Homespun I have. I'm less ambitious maybe than last year, especially since I realize I am a slow knitter! And there's still that dissertation thing, for the next two weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment