Sunday, January 30, 2011

knitting distractions

I got distracted from my current project - the Creature Comforts Cardi - by yet another headwear project!
I ended up casting on for (and finishing) the Whitney Headband. It's drying right now, so I actually don't have a photo of the completed project, but the separate pieces.


I used Flower 2 from Plethora of Petals, casting on for the smaller size. (I won't go into detail about the 3 other flowers I made first that ended up being too large or not quite right - ugh!)


I found a pretty button and sewed that into the center of the flower. It should be dry by tomorrow, so hopefully I will have photos then.

In other news, I've been reading up on spinning - Start Spinning and Respect the Spindle (both from the library). I ordered a kit from Maine Woods Yarn on Etsy and it should arrive soon. I can't wait! I have still been making good progress on the Creature Comforts Cardi - I think I'm on pattern repeat 4, and probably I will have 5 or 6 total repeats if I've counted and measured correctly. I'm really enjoying it still, though I might cast on for another project just to have some more variation....

No comments:

Post a Comment