Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Looking for warmth and sun in the winter

For warmth, I have this:






And for a little sunshine:


And I've been doing a fair bit of cooking and baking. There's a Crock Pot of a delicious cabbage soup with tons of veggies - celery, carrots, onion, tomato and pepper.  Mmmm.  And cookies (long gone at this point unfortunately). These were maple-cinnamon sugar cookies, and I think snickerdoodles are in the near future.

In other news:
- I finished the Big WIP. 162 pages and who knows how many pounds of brain matter and how much --how do you measure this? -- sanity. Also the new APA format has me putting two spaces between sentences, so I'm doing that everywhere now, and it's making me a bit crazy. There goes more of my sanity. (I originally typed "I think I finished..." which is basically how unsure I am that it is good enough and doctoral-level and all that. Ugh. Will not be done really until I have degree in hand.)

- And six postdoc apps have gone out and I have one interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment